Ok, so here is the scenario…Your best friend tells you there is a fantastic job opening at their workplace. You interview and are offered the job. You are excited at the possibility of working with your friend, but do you take the job?
At first the opportunity to work with your friend sounds great but there are some pitfalls that may come along with this opportunity…have you thought about them?
Here are a few:
* What happens if your friend is promoted and becomes your boss? What about if you were promoted to be their boss?
* What happens if you feel your friend isn’t pulling their weight on a project?
* What if your friend was terminated?
* Would other staff treat you differently knowing about the friendship?
* What other possibilities come to mind? There are many. Some people don’t take the time to really think this through.
* Would your relationship change with your friend after taking this position? It is highly likely. If you truly value your friendship, do you take the risk?
Our friends mean the world to us, is there potential to risk that friendship by working together? Ensure to make the right choice for you, your friend and your friendship…